Thursday, July 19, 2012

Week 3


Hey!
 
Ok so the mail on the letter I sent you is the right one' I don´´t know why it was different so many times, maybe I was supposed to have a companion and then things all had to change. who knows! I did get both packages- thank you! they are wonderful. I have not gotten my coat yet- if they gave you credit for it then maybe they thought it was a return? I don't know- maybe you should call them. The weather here is quite hot although we have had a decent amoung of rain here lately and it has been fairly humid but I barely notice- I wear sweaters and jeans on p day and I think I am just used to the heat.
I see Peter a couple times a week- on Sundays we walk to the temple together and do the devotional and movie together. Speaking of devotional, this week was awesome. Remember that really curly haired girl we saw at the violin store? So turn out she is pretty famous. Her name is Jenny Oaks Baker- she is President Oaks's daughter and she started playing the violin when she was 4, performed with the orchestra at age 8, got her masters at Juliard and was part of the National Symphony Orchestra- legit right? Anyway she told us about her life and her playing and she performed and all her kids play instruments and it was beautiful, you should definitely check out her music. Inspiring. Other exciting news: hmmm, well we moved last tuesday to next door with the other German sisters in our transfer so it has been really fun. The older transfer sisters left this morning and I will really miss them. They were wonderful and even though I will see two of them in Frankfurt it will definitely be different here without them. Sister O- going to Berlin was called as the new coordinating sister and she is going to be so fantastic at it!
 
Time is passing way faster here now. Thank goodness. I have to admit that first two weeks here were pretty hard and I was struggling a bit with my testimony and wondering why I had decided to go on a mission but I prayed a lot and have studied and I guess the Lord just loves me because now I think my testimony is stronger than ever. It isn't even just a belief anymore- but a knowledge and I can't really explain why I feel so different or what happened but whatever it is I am so greatful. When I first came to the MTC I was kind of disgruntled that I had to be here for 9 weeks and that it really isn't all that fun and that we have 16 hour days and so many rules but now I have realized my mistake and thankfully have had a change of attitude. There is a lot to learn here and even though I don't love all of it, there is so much that I need. I am now a third of the way through my time here and there are only 6 more weeks. I will still be really excited when it is time to go. What do you want to know about my companions? I will write a letter and send it since I don't know if I will have enough time to email. but if you have questions ask away.
 
One of our 'investigators' right now- i don't know if i told you but we start teaching in german our first week here. anyway one of our investigators who is really just one of our teachers playing the role of one of their old investigators- her name is Bernadette and teaching her is a blessing. She is amazing and has such faith in God. I feel like she is a better example to me than I am to her. Last week we talked about the importance of prayer and families. She is a single mom and comes from Hungary and she is worried about her 4 sons. Anyway we read a scripture abour praying with family and it was amazing to see how the Spirit reached her heart. I know it is just role playing, but the situation and the Spirit and the opportunity are real.
 
Tomorrow is Wednesday and C comes in!! I am so excited!!! not much else has happened here this week. Same routine for the next 7 weeks, but it will be fun. In three more weeks we get a huge transfer of German missionaries- apparently this is the most missionaries they have sent to Germany and specifically Frankfurt in a really long time so that is exciting and then after that we have 3 weeks till we go. Crazy.
 
Fruit from J would be amazing!!! I get really sick of the food here and it doesn't particulary make me feel good so I tend to eat a lot of salad and what fruit there is. There vegetables are mostly canned and disgusting but I am ok. The multivitamin I take is making up for a lot I think.
 
I don't think I need anything else. a lanyard maybe would be nice- I think I mentioned that already though. I love you all so much! Send my love to Grandma and Gran and Grandpa and everyone you see.
 
Thanks again for this opportunity- the work of the Lord is so important and I am so excited to be a part of it.
 
Love, Sister Young

No comments:

Post a Comment