Monday, July 30, 2012

Week 4



HALF WAY BABY!!!! Ok, well ALMOST, but that is okay right?
Yes my coat came tuesday after I had wirtten the email.. so sorry, and it fits great actually and I love it. I even asked everyone how they thought it fit and they like it too so thanks :) The thunderstorms sound wonderful. Utah is so rain deprived although I guess this summer we have had our fair share, but I miss it and it has been quite hot. Don't worry about sending my emails to anyone else unless they ask. My blog address is already posted on my fb page and so no big deal. If people want the email you can refer them to the blog or you can feel free to send them the email. either way works for me. Thanks also, for all the Letters this week :) I think one day I was an object of jealous for my district because I got like 6 letters and they had multiple letters in them too. Some of the missionaries don't get written fairly often so we try not to make mail time a big deal.. It is wonderful to have Clara here! She has class in my building and her bedroom is on my floor, and we have the same eating schedule so I get to see her all the time and it is tons of fun. Her and her companion ar the only two in their class and they just found out that sisters are also being sent to bosnia and serbia so they are supposed to also try and learn as much of those languages as they can.. crazy right? and all in 9 weeks!

Not much has happened that is exciting this week either. We are in the grind. Life has become very scheduled and structured and time is passing more quickly by the week but still fairly slowly by the day. Every day we look back at that morning and say "wait! that was TOday?!" haha but I am enjoying it. But there is only 2 and a half weeks until new Deutschers come in and that will be exciting! And Peter should get his itinerary this week maybe? and he leaves really soon. I will miss seeing him around!
I did get a wonderful package from the McGhies full of fruit and goodness and it was fantastic. The package did not have their address however so I need that so I can thank them properly. I also got letters this week form G&G which was lovely- they already have a letter on its way, from rachel, from elena, and from emily! so much fun :) Also exciting- the temple opens tomorrow so we finally get to go next week!
You asked to know a bit more about my companions, Sister R- is from P_____. She has 5 sisters and one brother and is studying English. She is very bubbly and helpful and very kind. Sister P- is from N_____ and is in the middle of three girls. She is studying natural conservation and restoration ecology. We all go to university in Utah but none of us at the same school. She is very steady and opinionated which is great when we teach because she is always super willing to say what has to be said. Overall I think we are doing a really great job at working together, it can be hard to assimilate three very different people together but I love them and I am learning from them.
The language is coming along quite well I think. I do not always say things perfectly, especially grammatically, but that takes time to get used to. German grammer is very different from English grammer but I understand all we have covered and my vocab has siginificantly increased. My teachers are really encouraging and super kind. I think it would be great if Aunt Coleen wanted to come to Frankfurt too but your choice. It would be more fun if she brought Rachel.... haha also I heard that if you tell your mission president  at the beginning that your parents are picking you up and that you are going to be spending some time in travelling that sometimes they release you there... should I look into it? 
Sounds like you are all doing fabulously and I miss you all and love you all and can't wait to hear from you all again!
My favorite scripture this week was Alma 29:9 (I am already reading and understanding about 60% of the scriptures in german :) )
 "I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."
very applicable no?
Love,
Sister Young

No comments:

Post a Comment