Thursday, July 12, 2012

Week 2


Hey everyone!
 
So exciting news:  well last night at around 12:30 I was pulled into consciousness by the most AWFUL blaring alarm clock sound I had ever heard! All of my room mates woke up and I am ashamed to admit that we got into a fight with the girls next to us- just kiddin- it was actually a fire alarm? didn't really sound like one.. and the entire building of disgruntled sisters found themselves outside on the street in the middle of the night because, wait till you hear this, the sensor that tripped the alarm was faulty... so not cool. haha but I am okay, I don't think many of us had a good nights rest but I shall manage it won't be the first or the last time that happens. There is now less than 7 weeks until I leave for Frankfurt. I don't know if I told you this already but I leave on August 27th at 5:30 am.. so excited. The older group all leaves next Monday and Tuesday and my mittarbeiterinnen and ich got permission to move in with the other two German speaking sisters who live next door to us so we are excited to do that today and we are excited to have an essentially all German speaking room- ohne one bed which I think will stay empty for now! Other than that not much exciting has happened here. I go to class and do lessons and all that jazz- you asked what I do for exercise? well I usually spend 15-20 minutes on the elliptical or bike and then I do weights or sit ups and stretching or p90 x abs because that is the only one I have time for. I actually think I have lost at least 5 pounds so far- some of my clothes are decently looser but it is hard to tell. My companions don't really exercise that much and one of them is in all reality terrible at getting ready on time we are almost always late in the mornings for personal study time and we leave gym early so she has time to get ready some more but at least we go to gym. The other sister- sister perkins exercises too but she does more pilates type things on the mat. I just discovered the granola here and it is delic! but they don't have any acceptable yogurt... The food really is hard. It could be so easy to just pig out on kind of gross food- the desserts are fantatic, especially one called the toll house pie but I don't eat much of them- I usually try a bit of some one else's so I can know what it tastes like. We joke around the the tollhouse pie is what keeps us here haha. It is really prett good here though. The schedule is not that that bad, I have adapted pretty well and do not feel too tired and there are so many amazing things to learn here if you are willing. It can be really hard I realized to focus and to really immerse yourself. I have been having a hard time this week with the Spirit. I remember mentioning last week that it is so amazing here because you feel the Spirit with you constantly and I think that I am now having a hard time feeling it at all because I can't remember what anything else feels like does that make sense? But I am studying the scriptures and PMG and I am praying night and day for help with it. And yesterday it started getting a lot better. But I know God is there for me and trying to help me, I just need to develop better listening skills. I may have too much pride and need to work on my humility.. maybe. I think I like to do things on my own too much so I am actually really grateful for the opportunity to learn to rely on the Lord and to really search the scriptures.
 
Thank you so much for the news about the fire! We definitely noticed all the smoke here. raining ash, billows coming up from behind the mountains, nasty smell. But we had a good rainfall and from what I can tell things seem to be going well in that department, although I know Peter's mission has been quite beset by fires that they were having troubles containing and he is worried there won't be am ission for him to go to! I love to stay updated on what is actually happening outside of the MTC. I am sorry letters fell so one sided though, I do honestly wish we had a little more time to write home. On another note- I wrote you a letter Mom, that I sent with Maddie's- I am interested tos ee how long it takes to get there. But one of the buckles on my roots bag fell off- remember in the store how you undid them, well whoever did them back up did them upside down which is why they kept looking so weird but by the time I figured that out, one had fallen off and I forgot to tell you last wekk- so if there is anyway you can get a new one- it is just the piece that snaps down and you thread the strap through. Also my mailbox number is 266 the piece of paper they gave me here had a different one on it so I have no clue if I gave you the right one or put the right one on facebook. could you let me know?  and I can get in touch with rachel to get it changed. thanks! thanks for all the pictures they were lovely! The reunion looked fantastic and I really enjoyed Mikyla's rendition of the skit :) So far I have heard from all of you, Granny, and Aunt Karen, and Rachel! Clara has also written me- she comes in in a week! How exciting is that :) I don't really think I need anything in particular- a lanyard would be nice, just a cute one from the dollar store or something to put my key card on. but not neccessary.
 
Thank Gran for her letter it was lovely to here from her and tell her I will write her back. Send everyone my love. I am doing well here for the most part. Everyone struggles but that is how we learn. I have no serious complaints and I am just really grateful for all of you and your love. I love you all so much! and I hope to keep hearing form you often! Say hi to everyone for me!
 
xoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxxoxo
Sister Young

No comments:

Post a Comment